I love these die cuts, aren’t they amazing? I wish I could tell you the name of them, but I received them as a RAK. As soon as I saw them, I knew they’d be perfect for some upcoming wedding showers I had been invited to, and also knew they wouldn’t need much to make a pretty card.
I used Distress Inks (Chipped Sapphire and Dusty Concord) and a blending tool to created the gradient background. Then I dripped, dropped, and splotched some Pearl Glimmer Mist all over it for a shimmery droplet effect to imitate a starry night sky. Some crystal Stickles in the streetlights, a stamped “Best Wishes” on the inside, and done. :)
Love these templates and formulas. Operation Write Home has a few, and you can find two of them here. I used the second from the link to cut the pieces for all of these cards. However, their guide assembles the pieces into eight cards. I played a little and ended up with ten, instead. Fine by me! :-)
There’s three with a grid combo of four squares–I chose to center a sentiment on the patterned paper and wrap twine around the bottom. Pretty much all of the sentiments for the whole set include a combo of heat embossing and plain ink. Like on the Father’s Day cards below, the frame and “Happy” are Pumice Stone Distress Ink, and the “Father’s Day” is heat embossed in silver. Love the texture, dimension, and depth this gives.
Had a couple that I really had to search for images to add…one was definitely masculine, but the dress form stamp was a perfect fit for the other! Sentiments are stamped on the inside.
A couple of cards I dressed up with borders or additional matting and twine.
Then I ended up really winging it with these three, and made banners and bunting. Threw in a tag and a doily. All of these are also dressed up on the inside a bit.
I lifted this design from a super cute card by RachAbbey I saw on Pinterest. My version turned out messier, of course, because no matter how hard I try to make a CLEAN and simple card, I invariably smudge ink and have to compensate by making it a bit grungy. No matter, I still like it.
Using all scraps and a stamp–trying to make the best use I can out of my stash. I added some of that blue polka dot paper to the inside of the envelope, too. I plan on making at least 2 more variations, but using 3 punches across the front, not 4 (I prefer odd numbers, lol). I have butterfly and primitive star punches in both sizes as these hearts, so want to try those out with this layout. I’ll probably try to stick with solid color paper, like the original. TFL!
From my April Counterfeit Kit, a thank you card for a bag full of baby gifts–everything from books to a blankie–for one of T’s coworkers. And one for a neighbor family down the street, for a Major Saver card they gifted us during my bedrest (yeah, I’m very behind on this one!).
Variations on a theme… It is easiest for me to cut one sheet of 8.5×11 into 2 cards and just make 2 that are exactly the same, or at least similar, so that’s what I did! I think I like the first one best–that pop of aqua picks up the aqua stripes in the paper and I think it looks a bit more festive. The white flowers are almost too stark, I would probably do those in another color if I redid these. Used my Cuttlebug machine and Sizzix dies, went all old school. ;-)
I made these on Sunday, too. Simplified the process ever so much by using my Silhouette SD. Even went ahead and bought new shapes for it! Inexpensive and soooooo convenient. I bought the ‘restroom girl icon’ and a scalloped cherry spot.
I removed the cherry and little faux-stitching slits from the perimeter of the cherry spot. Then I sized my text and cut-cut-cut! Slipped snippets of black paper lace underneath. Quick, easy, cute. :-)
I had some time to scrap today and took the opportunity to catch up on some overdue cards.
Started with some circus font stamps, a few fun color schemes using AC zing embossing powders, and my favorite, kraft cardstock. Spelled out ‘THANKS’ in three different colors.
Added strips of vellum and a strip of fun ribbon…
Then a matching stamped sentiment…
And a knot of colorful coordinating ribbon…
These were fun, and turned out okay, even going in without a plan!
These kinds of cards are always difficult. It is much easier for me to create a happy, fun occasion card.
I did a clear emboss resist, using my ink blending tool to add Brick and Straw distress inks. Used all scraps for the papers–I like being able to fully use my resources…
YAWYK Count: 643/2010
636-637) Blank card & envie
638-642) Black brads (four mini brads inside)
643) shipping tag