DIY embellishments, Papercrafting, Scrapbooking

DIY Day and Month Stickers

Quite awhile ago, there was a new kit or collection that I was absolutely stuck on. Has that ever happened to you? I was dreaming about it, itching to hit buy. But it wasn’t in the budget for the month, and I knew it would be sold out by the time I could purchase it. So, I counterfeited it! I made my own version, using my stash and tools.

There were some cute puffy stickers in the kit.  Mine weren’t puffy, but oh, well, those tend to disintegrate over time, anyway, so I don’t really want them in my books.  I popped these with foam tape underneath and they are still super cute.

20180429_211138
  1. First I matched up some days and month stamps to punched circles from coordinating scraps.  (You’ll notice the full day and month doesn’t fit–the originals used only three letter abbreviations on each sticker, and I intended to recreate that.)
20180429_190713

2. I selectively inked up the first three letters of each day and month and heat embossed those letters in white on each circle.  To save my fingers as I hit it with the heat gun, I stuck the circles on a strip of post-it tape instead of trying to hold them.

20180429_2110541

3. And, for the big finale–there is no third step!! :D That was it–super easy.  All from scraps and reusable items.  LOVE IT.  

Cheap & Green, Counterfeit Kits, DIY embellishments, Scrapbooking

Fauxflower Add-On (and a Walgreen’s photo code)

Here’s the original Wildflower Add-On from Studio Calico:

And here’s my own Fauxflower kit:

You can see that I ended up having to go with a general feel…  And 2 of my pp subs are large scraps, not a full sheet of paper.  I also just stuck in 2 sheets of blush cardstock and will make the lace paper using my Silhouette when I get to that point.

I pulled from my vintage stash for the papers, but added a few individual pieces that I thought went with the kit, including this vintage matchbook cover, a vellum collage piece, and a vintage scripture card.

Sorry for the horrible photo.  (I made this kit while still on bed rest, and so took pics with my phone so I could upload them easily.)  I made the flowers while lying on the couch.  Just cut some circles of tulle, tissue paper, and fabric, then layered and stuck together with a rhinestone or pearl brad.  They are super cute in person.  I’ll try to get a better shot when I upload the layouts.

These are a little better…  I threw in the big white flower, skeleton leaves, and 2 chipboard phrases because I saw them, liked them, and thought they might go with the layouts I was planning on making.  I just uploaded a TON of photos to Walgreen’s.  They have a coupon code right now through tomorrow–LUCKY25–you upload 50 prints and get 25 of them for free!  Thought it was a decent enough deal, and I’ll have plenty of photos to scrap for awhile.  :-)  Have a great weekend!