Remember this post? Here’s the layout! I began working on this LO pretty quick after the actual trip, but ran into many many many roadblocks. By the time I finished with it, nearly a month later, I was so sick of it I had to let it sit for awhile before I could even blog about it. LOL
I found a free font that was similar to the exhibit title and cut it out with my silhouette. Before I weeded the letters, I used my inking tool to get the shading to match the exhibit title, too. I searched high and low for premade embellishments to match this line, but they were long gone from the stores. So I found some images online and traced them to get the dinosaur and tufts of grass (Shhh…). Some stamping and misting helped the dino and background papers match the patterned papers.
I trimmed a strip out of one of the patterned papers in the line, edged it with other strips from other papers in the collection, and even used my deco scissors! LOL Then I just fussy cut a few of the cute little dinos and pop-dotted them to make an interesting border treatment. Oh, and the collage printing was even free, got a deal at Walgreen’s. All in all, it cost about $2-3 for the whole layout. TFL!