It is my due date today. I could still be pregnant another 10 days at least, but still wanted to mark this occasion. We are both so excited!!!
- T wanted me to take a test since I was a week late–but I hadn’t even noticed I was late and argued with him that it was pointless anyway… he told me where some old pregnancy tests were in the bathroom, so I got up at 4:30 and took one… Bleary-eyed and half asleep, I didn’t believe I’d read the instructions right… I yelled for him to come there, and just pointed at the stick and the directions… We were both shocked… And cried (in such a good way)… And sat on the couch while I drank a big glass of water so I could take another test at 6. :-)
- called our parents Sunday morning as soon as we thought they would be awake to tell them
- staining the fence the weekend we found out
- tried to get by with buying clothes up a size (figured I’d shrink my way through them, too, after pregnancy)
- nauseated often, especially when blood sugar was low, but never actually threw up–drank a lot of Sprite and ate a lot of Cheez-Its
- cut out caffeine as soon as we found out–surprised at how easy it was
- took a lot of naps, so tired!
- cried a lot, especially at work, embarassing
- T started really spoiling me :-)
- T took over the cat box
- so nervous, all the time, waiting to hit 12 weeks
- I cried when I saw you and heard your heartbeat for the first time at the doctor’s office
- taped every ultrasound and heart tone so I could show T
- craved salty stuff–weirdest food was steak sauce on cod–so good!
- Mom bought me a bunch of maternity shirts
- I had trouble finding pants–never did find comfortable jeans
- Telling at work was a rush because they knew we had had problems–I had to sit out on a restraint training and announced the pregnancy to explain why I was sitting out… The whole room gasped and I was surrounded and being hugged by so many people. :-)
- Michelle (a coworker of T’s) loaned me some more maternity clothes
- Braxton Hicks started–I thought the uncomfortable feeling was you moving at first
- I felt you move for the first time doing a shimmy from the floor during Primary music group
- T felt you kick for the first time at home at my parents for Christmas
- sent to hospital once for pre-term labor concerns–luckily, it was all right
- began consuming large amounts of dairy, fruit, and sweets–which continued throughout the pregnancy
- T re-painted the entire scrapbooking room by himself during snow days–primer, and 2 coats of paint to cover the raspberry and turn it tan
- set up the co-sleeper and crib, and filled them with balloons and aluminum foil to train the cats to stay out of them–has worked like a charm! Never found either cat in there after Murray popped the first balloon. :-) We’d never had balloons around them their entire life for just this reason. :-)
- bed rest from Valentine’s to St. Patrick’s
- moved the TV upstairs
- swollen piggies, ankles, and hands
- wearing my $9 preggers wedding band from JCP
- mostly finished the nursery (if you’re a girl, we’re adding some hot pink, and if you’re a boy, we’re adding some teal), even though you won’t be in there too much the first few months
- T helping me put on shoes and socks
- Co-sleeper made rolling out of bed difficult
- contractions constantly, left work early because it was so hard to teach with them
- Hungry all the time
- Still have a sweet tooth and penchant for dairy
- weirdest food–Italian dressing on cold leftover teriyaki stirfry–pretty yummo! Or maybe it was the vanilla ice cream with raspberry preserves and chocolate sauce–that can’t be weird, it was just like a Sheridan’s concrete!
- baby shower at Northwood, Belvidere, and received gifts from friends
- Waiting impatiently for you
Previously scheduled post.