I guess it was a play off of Tinker Bell, but it’s a name that has stuck. I use it whenever Amy B is feeling particularly ornery or up to some toddler mischief, like in these photos. It’s funny, because I have some pictures of Izzy at close to the same age, doing the EXACT same thing. :-) Different couch, different level of the house, and a different box of tissues–but they tell the exact same story. I’ll try to find it and post later this week.
Here are some close-ups:
Fun layers of gold lame mist, a doily, a sunny flower, punched cork, flair, and bling.
A stamped BINGO card, dressed up Tim Holtz clip, and an ancient “Proverbs” strip, converted into a banner.
STILL trying to use up my alphabet stash… Slow going, I tell you! As a side note, punched cork shapes have very little structural integrity! They broke and crumbled if I had to shift them a little, so I ended up cutting some in half to replace one beyond saving, then had to do a lot of surgery on what was left so I had enough to create a visual triangle with the cork elements.
Love these templates and formulas. Operation Write Home has a few, and you can find two of them here. I used the second from the link to cut the pieces for all of these cards. However, their guide assembles the pieces into eight cards. I played a little and ended up with ten, instead. Fine by me! :-)
There’s three with a grid combo of four squares–I chose to center a sentiment on the patterned paper and wrap twine around the bottom. Pretty much all of the sentiments for the whole set include a combo of heat embossing and plain ink. Like on the Father’s Day cards below, the frame and “Happy” are Pumice Stone Distress Ink, and the “Father’s Day” is heat embossed in silver. Love the texture, dimension, and depth this gives.
Had a couple that I really had to search for images to add…one was definitely masculine, but the dress form stamp was a perfect fit for the other! Sentiments are stamped on the inside.
A couple of cards I dressed up with borders or additional matting and twine.
Then I ended up really winging it with these three, and made banners and bunting. Threw in a tag and a doily. All of these are also dressed up on the inside a bit.
My first video! There’s definitely room for improvement, but I had some mindless down time sans kids this week while recovering from sinus surgery. It allowed me to finally put away all of my scrap crap that has been building for months! And with the clean sweep came the urge to try my first scrappy video, so here she be.
Leave me some feedback! TFL!